Friday, July 30, 2010

Zucchini Strips

Zucchini Strips

It's been hectic around here lately and all I've had time for are salads and even that requires some preparation.  So I decided to come up with recipes for meals I can store in the refrigerator and just eat when I'm ready.  Maybe even take with me on outings with my kids.

You can leave it in the refrigerator for up to a day.  I like the "kick" that red pepper brings and I almost always choose it over black pepper but you can substitute if you prefer.

The recipe is just one serving but feel free to double it up if you want to save some for later.

Preparation Time:  5 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins

The Recipe
1 cup zucchinis (about 1-2 pcs), cut lengthwise into strips
1 tsp olive oil
salt and red pepper for taste
1/4 tsp garlic, minced
1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half

  1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
  2. Brush zucchini with 1/2 tsp of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
  3. Roast in the oven for about 15 minutes (or slightly browned)
  4. Mix remaining olive oil, vinegar and garlic.
  5. Drizzle oil/vinegar/garlic mixture over the zucchinis
  6. Top with tomatoes
  7. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
Lean & Green Requirements:
3 portions vegetable servings
1 portion healthy fat serving
less than 1 portion condiment

No comments:

Post a Comment