Thursday, September 9, 2010

Chicken Wraps

Medifast Lean and Green:  Chicken Wraps

Once in awhile, I get a hankering for Chinese foods.  Unfortunately most of them are best eaten with rice or noodles.  While eating at PF Chang's last night, I was inspired to cook lettuce wraps -- my version of it.  I didn't try it with ground meat.  Instead, I made it with chicken breasts.

The result was quite tasty.  If you like ginger, I would advice adding a thin slice along with cooking the onions.  I skipped it because my husband and my kids don't like ginger and I can't eat all of this by myself.

Serves 4

1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts thinly sliced
Coarse salt and ground pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
4 thin slices of onion
1 large red bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
3 tbsp soy sauce (lite/low sodium)
3 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp water
12 to 16 Lettuce leaves (about 2 heads)

Medifast Recipe:  Chicken Wraps
  1. Season chicken with salt & pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tbsp of oil over high heat then add chicken; cook, stirring constantly, until cooked throughout. Transfer to a plate.
  2. Add remaining tbsp of oil to pan.  Add onion and bell pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until onion is tender and golden, about 4 minutes (reduce heat if browning too quickly).
  3. Reduce heat to medium; add garlic and red-pepper flakes about 1 minute.
  4. Stir in soy sauce, vinegar, and water; remove from heat. Add chicken and any accumulated juices; toss to coat. Serve in lettuce.

3 comments:

  1. Just found your blog through your facebook page & I love it! I am a health coach for Take Shape for Life and love it. I'd love to tell you more about that portion of it-along with the discounts offered with TSFL & the BESLIM club if you want. My email is: karli_jo77@hotmail.com

    Anyway, thank you for sharing so openly your awesome recipe ideas-I get stuck in a rut sometimes with my lean & green and am only ten pounds from my goal, so it's easy to want to be done! Good luck reaching your goals too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry to post two comments in a row, but I was back reading on your blog and saw your calorie counter app-with TSFL there is a thing called Support in Motion and it's an online journal that has all the stuff to put in your medifast meals, lean & greens, everything else, and has all the information nutritionally as well. And, I can get it on my iphone which is so convenient. Just another thought! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Karli. It's very sweet of you to say that about my site. I love the diet and I've come up with some recipes that I wanted to share.

    I'll check out the Support In Motion at TSFL. At one point I considered being a coach so I can give more "sage" advice here but I just enjoy writing the recipes so I just kept my focus.

    Anyway, thank you for the kind words and I hope you continue to visit.

    ReplyDelete