Saturday, July 24, 2010

Blender Bottle

Black 28 Oz. Blender Bottle W/wire Shaker BallThe blender bottle that I ordered from Amazon arrived today. I first saw this at Sprouts Market and a bit intrigued by it. You see I've run out of Medifast bars but I needed something to take along with me on my daily outings with my kids. My Starbucks thermos has been doing a great job actually. It takes about 3 hours for the ice to melt.  The only problem is that there's never a guarantee that it was well shaken since I can't see through my thermos.  I usually find a big lump at the bottom. So when I saw the Blender Bottle, it seemed the perfect solution.  I like that it had a "whisk ball". Whisks have been the secret to my Medifast shakes and drinks at home.

So I filled my bottle with 16 ozs of water and 2 packets of dutch chocolate shake to last me 4-6 hours. It was great. I packed it in a zip-lock to make sure that it didn't leak all over my bag but I didn't need it. It was well sealed. There were no lumps at the bottom of my bottle but there was still a "grainy" feel indicating that the powder didn't blend as well as I would like. But I shook it a little more with every sip and it got better and better.  I recommend it for convenience. The translucent plastic also helped me see if there's a lump at the bottom and if it needs to be shaken some more. But overall, it's not any better than the Medifast shaker jar ... just prettier and easier to carry around.


1 comment:

  1. I love this bottle! I find that (usually) if I let the shake sit for a few minutes before drinking it then give it another quick shake before I do it seems to be a better texture.

    ReplyDelete