Thursday, August 5, 2010

Morning Star Sausage Patties

I decided to try the MorningStar Sausage Patties that I hear so much about.  I decided 2 patties are enough for one meal tonight.  That would be 160 calories with 6g of carbohydrates.

What beautiful packaging!  I was immediately caught by the delicious looking patties with promises of tasting just like its meat counterpart without all the fat that sausage brings (although, I must admit that I used to think that the fat and sodium was what made sausages good)

Opening it, I was already disappointed.  They were packaged in twos and they looked like cardboard.  They looked nothing like the scrumptious sausage that tickled my fancy.

Regardless, I don't like wasting food and thus, a decision has been made that this will be consumed tonight!

I was in a hurry so I whipped myself a small plate of arugula, spinach, cucumbers and tomatoes to eat with my microwaved sausage patties. 

I have to say.  It wasn't half bad.  It didn't have the texture of sausage.  In fact, it didn't even have the taste you would expect.  But if you let go of your expectations, it's not bad.  It has a "goodness" all of its own and it does deserve to have a home in my freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment